Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Monday, January 18, 2016

Blueberry Banana Scones



I found this recipe a long time ago in Sunset Magazine. The writer wanted to create a scone that was moist, using less fat.  You all know I don’t care much about low-fat baking, but the scones looked good so I tried them and liked them.  I have made them several times since and keep meaning to take photos and blog about them, so finally here is the recipe!

Blueberry Banana Scones

1-1/4 cups flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ cup  butter
½ cup lemon flavored yogurt
1/3 cup mashed bananas
½ cup blueberries
¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
1 TB raw sugar for the top

Preheat oven to 350-F. On a cookie sheet, butter an 8 inch circle.

Whisk together the dry ingredients.  Cut the butter in using a pastry cutter or cheese grater (my preferred method). Add the yogurt and mashed bananas.  Stir in the blueberries and walnuts.  Put dough on prepared cookie sheet and pat into a 7-inch round. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the round into 8 wedges but do not separate them.  Sprinkle the top with raw sugar (granulated sugar works too). 

Bake  for ~25 minutes, until golden brown. 

Happy Baking!
 

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOO, these look FABULOUS.
    Love the idea of yogurt as an ingredient!
    Nice to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...