Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Friday, June 24, 2011

Feather Light Muffins

These muffins are super delicious. It's like eating a cupcake for breakfast. A Snicker Doodle Cupcake. There is not a single ounce of nutritional redemption in these muffins. Works for me!

I got this recipe from Taste of Home magazine.  It calls for cake flour--you must use cake flour, not All Purpose Flour.

Feather Light Muffins
Makes 8-10

1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1-1/2 cups cake flour
1-1/2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk

Topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 325-F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with PAM cooking spray.  (Do not use paper muffin cups for this recipe.) 

In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar and egg.  Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.  Fill greased muffin tins almost all the way.  Fill any empty cups with a little water.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until very lightly golden brown and tops spring back to the touch.  Do not over-bake or they will be dry. Let cool for 3-4 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.  Melt butter in another small bowl.  Using a pastry brush, brush warm muffin all over with butter, then roll entire thing in the cinnamon sugar.  Serve warm.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...