Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Strawberry Cream Dessert

Oh my my, is this dessert YUMMY!! I can't make it too often because I will eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ok, maybe not, but I am always tempted. I do love my sweets.

Anyhow, this recipe is a little more time consuming and requires a few more steps
than the kind of recipes I usually post. And it requires some waiting. A lot of waiting. Overnight waiting. But it is so worth it! It also might require a trip to the store for a few ingredients you might not have on hand. Don't let this deter you from making it though. I promise, you will not be sorry!!

Strawberry Cream Dessert
Yield ~12-15 servings

2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (~36 squares)
6 TB sugar
10 TB butter, melted
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cartons (one 16 oz and one 8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 pkg (3 oz) strawberry gelatin
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup (8 oz) strawberry yogurt

Topping:
2 TB graham cracker crumbs
1-1/2 tsp sugar
1-1/2 tsp butter, melted

Layer 1:
Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9" pan. Refrigerate for 15 min.

Layer 2:
Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Whisk in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over the prepared crust. Refrigerate for 15 min.

Layer 3:
In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. (Be sure it's all the way dissolved.) Whisk in yogurt, then 6 cups of whipped topping until blended. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Layer 4:
Spread remaining whipped topping over strawberry layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top.

Happy Baking!


39 comments:

  1. That sounds so good! I'm like you - I generally like baking things that require one bowl and not a lot of waiting. I don't make a lot of cookies, because I hate having to spoon them onto the baking sheets! However, I will occasionally make something more complicated, and this one sounds worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looks delicious, esp. for this hot weather, looks refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with Jell-O is marked favorite in my book....Jell-O just screams flavor, refreshing, happy....I could probably go on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing and I'm making it for labor day! It's supposed to be over 90 here this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh...patience isn't one of my virtues when it comes to desserts, either!

    http://mamawolfe-living.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! That looks awesome! Cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay gonna have to make this one. ***drools***

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is impressive. What a gorgeous dessert. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geez--that looks GOOD!

    My daughters love strawberries, so this looks like a MUST TRY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your Blog! Yummy! I'm new follower!! I hope your visit to my Blog!
    Namaste!
    http://mamiholisticaygenial.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love baked goods that only require one bowl. We don't have a dish washer, so I have to wash everything by hand, so the less dishes the better :) These look yummy, my family loves anything with strawberries. I bet this would be a hit in my house, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dessert looks so pretty and worth a little extra time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your kind words on my blog post! I appreciate attentive readers, as I spend a lot of time getting my posts edited just right, as I am a writer first by trade, weaver second. And wish I could bake but my son has egg allergies so baking ain't much fun. But I will be back to explore some more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! I haev been searching out this recipe! My friend used to make this when we were in middle school! Thank YOU! For that, I present you with the "Versatile Blogger" award!http://keepyourlidon.blogspot.com/2011/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo, this looks delicious- light too. Your love for baking shows, esp. on a recipe that requires so much waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks really tasty! I usually made one like this but I use fresh mangoes instead of strawberry yogurt. I would love to try making this some time. Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower :)

    Kate
    http://mommygrowingup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That looks so good and it's pretty simple. I love to bake, too, but I have a galley kitchen now and it tends to discourage me from baking. I may need to get back in there for this one :)

    I found you through the vB GFC hop

    Jenny
    Full Cart Full Wallet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! That looks amazing :) It didn't seem to have too many steps

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love to bake, but don't have a lot of time for it. I think I gained 5 pounds just looking through your blog :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks delicious! I've had a chocolate version of this but never strawberry. I can't wait to try it. I'd like to invite you to share your recipe on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/09/sweet-indulgences-sunday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks amazing! I love strawberry desserts and anything with cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tried this yesterday - it is wonderful. I'm so glad you have this blog :-) Love, Aunt Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, thank you for telling me. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :-)

      Delete
  23. VERY cool...(pun intended=) This is a beautiful presentation and has to be soo crazy tasty too. I have everything on hand and will print it so when a special occasion comes up, I'll be ready. ;-} Thanks a million for linking up this lovely dish at Weekend Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for sharing at Weekend Potluck!! I shared this on my facebook page today. Everyone is loving it! We really appreciate you linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Do you let the gelatin cool before adding the yogurt and whipped topping?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good question, Camie. NO, it is not necessary to let it cool. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on being a featured recipe from last week's Weekend Potluck! Please swing by and pick up your red button. Thanks for bringing such a great recipe to our party! http://www.meetpenny.com/2012/05/weekend-potluck-may-18th-may-20th/

    ReplyDelete
  28. It not only sounds delicious, it is! I made it over the weekend and it's really yummy...I used light whipped cream (got to save those calories, haha!) It's really really good. I can imagine the possibilities with different flavors of jello and yogurt...peach, lemon....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for trying it and posting your results!! I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  29. Oh, and I cut the recipe in half and it made a square pan(maybe 8 inch?)full to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Should I wait for the dissolved jello to cool before adding yogurt? I would think so, but just want to be sure

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mary Faith..see 4 posts above. you don't have to let to cool I was wondering the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have this same recipe only I use a pretzel crust. The salty/ sweet combo is just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I was wondering if anyone has tried this with real whipped cream? Would it still work?

    ReplyDelete
  34. --I think I shall make this for Easter! thanks xx

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...