Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake


I found this delicious looking cake recipe on All is Amazing,  and it's been in the back of my mind to try.  I didn't want to bake it unless I had plenty of of people around to eat it! With my kids coming and going this summer, I've been baking less. If they aren't here, you know who ends up eating it...

So I made it today and it is JUST as delicious as I thought it would be. So easy too. You know me, I love easy!

The recipe I have calls for a chocolate glaze.  I really wanted to try a peanut butter glaze though, so I whipped one up and it turned out nice.  I've included two of my own glaze recipes and you can choose which one you want to use.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

1 pkg. yellow or white cake mix (I used yellow)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan, or use PAM spray for baking.

Beat everything but the chocolate chips together for 2 minutes at medium speed.  Fold in the chocolate chips.

Pour into pan and make sure batter is even. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool in pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.

Glaze with chocolate or peanut butter glaze, or a glaze of your choice. Decorate with mini chocolate chips or chopped peanuts or whatever you want!

Peanut Butter Glaze

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk, more or less, to make desired consistency

Whisk all ingredients together. 

Chocolate Glaze

2 TB butter
2 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.  Add the cocoa powder and cream and stir until it thickens, about 2 minutes.  Do not boil.  Remove the pan from heat and whisk in the vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth.

Happy Baking!

24 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It ws nice of you to be willing to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this will be on the menu for Labor Day, when my boys will be home next! I'm sure they'll love taking it back to school with them. Thanks, Michael Ann; it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. Can I swim in that frosting? Stunning cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Michael Ann, this is decadent. Rich and decadent. My mouth is watering just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fabulous with the peanut butter glaze and chocolate chips! Can't wait to try your version :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omggggggg,
    this looks sooooo doggone amazing. I am drooling. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just look at that peanut butter glaze!! Looks incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this looks so good, michael Ann! Thanks for sharing and linking back to Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful and most delicious looking cake!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM! This looks good. thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is definitely going to be made in my kitchen. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! just joined your "yummy blog" and I can't wait to try this cake! Thanks for posting, Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you do fantastic cakes. Have a good week.

    PS I know you have probably been busy but it would be great if you followed Carole's Chatter back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. found you via the recommendation from the better baker and things look yummy here! going to follow along here and see what i can learn ;)
    -phoebe
    http://glimpsesofthemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im a new follower! Your cake looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, Michael Ann; I have my empty nest back so my baking is sporadic with no young men to eat the end product. Randy and I have to be careful how much we consume, and face it, if it's fresh and available, we eat it!
    Rest assured, recipes are still being gathered for the times we have our bedrooms filled, so keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Michael Ann, this looks amazing! I would definitely go for the peanut butter glaze. However, it's quite difficult to find ready-made cake mixes here in Europe and when you do find them, they're hideously expensive. Any ideas regarding how to substitute these for other ingredients? By the way, I finally got around to making the lemon squares and they were wonderful! Everyone here loved them, including Roxy who got a tiny, tiny piece! hee hee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow it looks beautiful. Will try this next time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My house is down two kids so I can relate to not wanting as many goodies around the house. But you've just put me in the mood for Bundt cake...yours would be hard to resist :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks INCREDIBLE! Wow, I love peanut butter and chocolate so much. MY mom makes a killer peanut butter bundt cake but she's never included chocolate chips! I like your thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow. That's amazing preparation of peanut butter chocolate chip bundt cake. It looks so yummy and delicious, specially the chocolate chips makes this bundt cake more attractive with perfection. Great job. Thanks for great share.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Making this for a second time! My family loves it!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...