Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Recipe Organization

If you are like me, you like to collect recipes. You have recipe cards, newspaper and magazine clippings, emails etc.. and it can get a bit chaotic. Here's how I organize everything. I actually have a system--took me years to perfect :-)


I like to keep handwritten recipes on 3x5 cards in this cute little recipe box. These are mostly the recipes that have been handed down from family or friends.



For recipes that I clip from magazines or print from the internet, I have files. I have them labeled -- desserts, dinners, salads and sides, breads, and miscellaneous.


When I try a recipe, if I like it, it goes into my recipe binder with plastic sheet protectors.  I recently bought a fun and colorful binder! I have tabs to divide them into the same categories as my files. If I don't like the recipe, there are no second chances -- I show no mercy!  It gets tossed! (recycled, of course!)


Remember, on this blog I will only post recipes that made it to the binder or recipe box. Tried and True!

7 comments:

  1. I have a binder too. I LOVE the plastic pages. Lol, I'm a messy cook.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a program on my PC... used it now for over 2 years... so easy to share and pull up when I need to make something.
    Its called, Home Cookin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds neat! I have to say though, I prefer hard copies of all my recipes, especially since I've been collecting them for years. Many of them are hand-written. Plus, I'd be afraid of losing them on the PC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up with {Junk in their Trunk}. I like the idea of keeping a hard copy and this looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael Ann; you and I are of the same mind! I do exactly the same thing with my recipes. My family has the last word on whether a recipe makes it to the binder, or gets "recycled". I'm happy to report that ALL of your recipes have been safely inserted into plastic sleeves... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! :-) I'm so happy to hear my recipes made the grade :-)

      Delete
  6. Ooo, that is music to my ears! I'm so glad. And yes, why waste time on recipes that just don't cut it? :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...