Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Super Easy Rocky Road Candy


I've been dying to share this recipe with you guys. I just needed to go out and buy some Hershey bars so I could make it. Yep! It's made with Hershey bars and it is THAT easy, my friends. Just melt some Hershey bars and add walnuts and marshmallows.

When I used to work at UC Davis, it was the custom for whoever was having a birthday, to bring a treat. I know...make the birthday person cook! But, it was a great way to get people to come visit you at your desk and wish you "Happy Birthday."  My co-worker Donna, used to always bring this Rocky Road candy on her birthday, and I used to look forward to her birthday so much! :-) I finally asked her for the recipe and was astounded to find out how simple it was. I've been making it every Christmas since! You will WOW your friends and woo your enemies with this recipe, I promise!

Rocky Road Candy

17 oz (4 - 4.25 oz bars) Hershey's Milk Chocolate with Almonds
3 cups mini marshmallows
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Line a 9x9" square pan with parchment paper.

Break the candy bars into chunks and melt in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between. Add marshmallows and walnuts and stir til combined. Pour and spread into pan and put in the refrigerator until firm. Remove the whole chunk of candy from the pan, remove the parchment, and cut into squares. Done!

Happy Baking!

20 comments:

  1. Who would've thought three ingredients would make all this goodness! Oh my goodness, can't wait to make this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my... I think I gained weight just reading the recipe! I can't wait to give it a try! YUMMMY!!!! (and yes, looks easy)

    I'm visiting you via Heartfelt Balance Sit & Relax Blog Hop!
    -Steph
    www.pendantsbysteph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those rocky road candies look super delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM. My grandmother used chocolate chips. Also an easy recipe, though. And also, by the way I can't "follow" maybe because i use a different blog host? I can follow other wordpress people but dont see that as an option. I'm sure we can figure this out....

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOH! I just pinned this to my other addiction Pinterest! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend! Following you now via GFC and FB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candice, thank you for pinning!! Morning Grouch, I bet you are right. Now that Wordpress doesn't allow GFC, maybe that is it? Shoot! Thanks for trying though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy.

    New follower via Tough Cookie Mommy (Blog Hops)

    http://www.sjb-myphotopage.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A..... "YUM" is really all I can say. How could this be anything but delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What?! That's it?! It's true...you are trying to kill me slowly with mouth watering torture!!!

    Mucho love...I can't wait to try it out!!!!!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy and looks easy enough too! All these sweets are making me hungry! Thanks for sharing at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, Woman, I actually tried these and they were not only easy (for me the non baker) but they were also a huge hit. Loved it and a keeper. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, these do look good! I know a few people who would LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've made this with regular Hershey Bars but have to try it with the Hershey Bars with Almonds, sounds like it would be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks fabulous and definitely easy, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for posting this! My mother-in-law makes this exact recipe but she never bothered to measure it out so her instructions were always along the lines of "Melt Hershey chocolate bars..." Me: "What size?" Her: "The big ones." Well there's not just one big size bar anymore so you can imagine how confusing it was. So thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks perfect..i was looking for this kind of stuff from many days!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...