Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Creamy Pistachio Dessert

If you don't already have the ingredients in your pantry for this dessert, RUN do not walk, to the nearest grocery store. This is TO DIE FOR!!!

It's the perfect dessert for a hot summer day. Cool and creamy and full of pistachio deliciousness.....

Creamy Pistachio Dessert

1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, plus a little more for garnish
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 16 oz container Cool Whip, divided
Two 3oz pkgs instant pistachio pudding


Crust:
Preheat oven to 350-F.

Combine butter, flour and chopped nuts. Press into a 13x9" baking pan. Bake for ~15 min. Cool completely.

Second Layer:
Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Stir in 4 cups Cool Whip. Spoon over crust.

Third Layer:
Mix pudding according to pkg. directions and pour over the cream cheese mixture immediately (I used about 1/2 cup less milk.)

Spread remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle with nuts. Let stand several hours or overnight before serving. Yum!!!

Happy Baking!

11 comments:

  1. I agree! There is just something about pistachio that give a cool sensation. I made something similar and just loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, the color is so pretty, I have made this with chocolate pudding and is very good. But your's is much prettier............andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, I'm so glad you liked it! It has definitely been a family favorite since I was a kid. Looking at yours is making me want to run to the kitchen and whip some up right now!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering! Such a great summer dessert. I would love this nutty crust. Looks soo tasty. Thanks Michael Ann for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can really say is Ooooo, MYyyyyy!

    I shall be making this. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very easy--and also decadent! Count me in! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael Ann, this sounds delicious! And you're right--it is the perfect dessert for a warm, summer day! By the way, I finally made the lemon cream bars! They're in the oven as we speak! I'll let you know how they turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very similar to the dessert my Grandma always makes. I don't believe she puts cream cheese in it though. Instead to the best of my knowledge she uses vanilla ice cream and chopped crispy crunch bars instead of nuts. While I don't typically enjoy pistachios, I do love this dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is definitely a traditional dessert for the holidays for my family. My previous co-worker Helen made this and I was blown away by it and had to have that recipe so she wrote it down for me and I still have it with my recipes. I make this twice a year that I know it by heart.I also have made it with chocolate pudding and used crushed oreos for crust and sprinkled some on top. �� both ways are delicious but the pistachio is requested always and wins.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...