Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins

My friend Cindy shared this recipe with me a couple of years ago. The cinnamon and brown sugar give these a different flavor than the typical blueberry muffin. Oh so delicious!

By the way, you can bake with berries in the winter too.  Frozen blueberries work great, or you can try the dehydrated berries that are on the market now.  They plump up very nicely in the batter. You can find them in most grocery stores where they keep the raisins and other dried fruits.

Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins
Makes ~10 muffins

6 TB unsalted butter, melted and cooled (*or use regular butter and omit salt)
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
1-1/2 cups flour
1 -1/2 tsp baking powder
1  tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt*
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 400-F.  Put oven rack in middle position. Line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.

In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, milk and egg until well combined.  In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add milk mixture to the dry mixture and stir until just combined.  Gently fold in the blueberries. Batter will be thick.

Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way. You can add two or three blueberries to the tops to make them look extra nice.  Bake 15-20 min. until golden brown and tops are firm.

Happy Baking!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I just made these this morning, and they were delicious! I used frozen blueberries and they turned out fine-baked then just a touch longer. I also had some cute "Rosie" cupcake liners from Cost Plus that made them very festive! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jennifer! And thanks for posting a comment. The cupcake liners sound fun, I'll have to go to Cost Plus myself. I never really thought about using cute ones!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...