Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Friday, August 12, 2011

Peanut Blondies


Here's a great recipe for peanut lovers.   I got this recipe from a magazine, but don't know which one. It's a little different because it includes white-chocolate. It's a great combo! Now, I admit I am NOT a fan of white-chocolate. It's not even real chocolate, it's candy. I don't know why they call it any kind of chocolate, but so be it. So the fact that I like these bars is saying something! They are very easy to make too.

Peanut Blondies
Makes ~18 bars

2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened (or use salted butter and omit the 1/4 tsp salt)
1/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1-1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
1 11-12 oz bag white-chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350-F.  Grease and flour (or use PAM baking spray) a 13x9x2" baking pan.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.  In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter for 1 minute, until blended. Add brown sugar; beat for 2 minutes, until smooth.  Beat in vanilla.  Add eggs; beat until smooth, about 1 minutes.

Stir in the flour mixture and 3/4 cup of the nuts.  Spread the batter evenly into the pan.  Bake for 20-25 min. or until lightly golden. Keep an eye on them because they will be dry if you over-bake them. Remove from oven.  Immediately sprinkle the white-chocolate chips over the top.  Let stand 5 minutes or so until the chips are soft enough to spread.  Spread over the top; sprinkle on remaining 1/4 cup chopped nuts. Cool in pan. Cut into bars.

Happy Baking!

9 comments:

  1. I'm not a white chocolate fan either, but I'll give these a try; they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of white chocolate either. Just like I'm not a huge fan of dark chocolate. Give me the happy medium and I'll be happy as a clam. That being said, these blondies sound and look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look wonderful! Thanks for linking up to the Wild Weekend Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a treat my husband would like. He's a peanut fan. I'll make a batch for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm....I can't resist anything with white chocolate! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound absolutely delicious!! Can't wait to try them, and am looking forward to more of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love white choclate and I love peanut butter, unfortunately our son is extremely alergic to peanuts!! But, I might try it just with the white choclate!! What a fun blog!! So glad to find you on VoiceBoks, I'm now a happy follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy, more cookies! I've loved them all so far...can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made these today, and they couldn't be easier! They are really tasty, too! Thanks for another great recipe!
    http://mamawolfe-living.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...