Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Saturday, November 6, 2021

Pumpkin Spice Bread


This Pumpkin Spice Bread is one of the best I've tasted. It's super moist and flavorful. The spices are heated in with the pumpkin puree before the other ingredients are added, which really brings out the cinnamon and clove flavors. Baked in 3 mini loaf pans or one 9" pan, it makes a wonderful gift to bring to a friend!




Ingredients:
1 cup minus 2 TB canned pure pumpkin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
3/4  cup water
1-3/4 cups brown sugar (light or dark)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1-3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt

Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small saucepan, heat pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves over medium heat until steamy, then stir continuously until pumpkin is stiff, about 3 minutes.  Transfer to a medium bowl and whisk in 3/4 cup water, then brown sugar, then oil, then eggs until smooth.

In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients, then fold into the pumpkin mixture until just combined. It will look a little lumpy.  

Pour batter into 3 greased mini loaf pans (approx 5"x4"x2") or one 9" pan.  Bake until firm and golden brown, about 45 minutes for mini loaves and about 65 minutes for the larger loaf. 

Let bread cool in pans a few minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and cool to room temperature.  Slice and serve. 

Glaze is optional. I prefer it without, but it looks prettier for gifting if you dress it up a bit.  Just mix up some powdered sugar and water to desired consistency and spread or drizzle over the top.

Recipe doubles easily and freezes well. 

*Recipe from a magazine but I don't remember which one! It's been in my recipe binder for years.

Happy Baking!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...