Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Pancakes



This isn't the most creative photo, but my decision to blog about pancakes was spontaneous so I had to snap a quick pic before I ate these beauties!

If you don't make your pancakes from scratch, you are missing out! The boxed mixes just don't compare. It is worth the extra five minutes it takes to assemble and mix the ingredients.

We use this recipe from my ancient Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. Give it a try!

Basic Pancakes

1-1/4 cup flour ( I like to use white flour and then 1/4 cup whole wheat.)
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 TB sugar
1 cup milk*
1 egg
2 TB vegetable oil

In a large bowl with a pour spout, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the liquid ingredients. Add to the dry and whisk until combined. Add more or less liquid depending on how thick you like your pancakes. A teaspoon of water will thin it out nicely.

Preheat a griddle to medium heat.  Pour batter onto griddle and cook pancakes until bubbles are all over the surface but have not popped yet.  Flip your pancake and cook about 30 seconds to a minute more.

Of course you can add blueberries or chocolate chips to the batter if you like. Or sprinkle them on top (that's what I like to do). Sliced bananas, chopped pecans and maple syrup are delicious too!

If you want to make Buttermilk Pancakes, use buttermilk or sour milk, reduce the baking powder to 2 tsp, and add 1/2 tsp baking soda.


2 comments:

  1. MMMMMMM!!!!! Will try this recipe when my son is home from school next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks scrumptious and utterly devourable!!! x

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...