Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Pumpkin Pecan Muffins

I found this recipe in the October-November 2023 edition of Country Living Magazine.  They looked so pretty with the glaze and chopped pecans on top, I had to try them! They were good... but I made some changes to enhance them.☺The original recipe called for water but did not state how much water (!), so I used 1/4 cup milk based on other muffin recipes I have.  Also, I don't like to put spice in my glaze, I prefer it to all be in the muffin, so I made that change.  And as always, I write the instructions in my own words and in the way I like to proceed when I bake. These are very quick and easy to whip up. Enjoy!

Pumpkin Pecan Muffins

1/4 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp pumpkin spice powder
1 cup chopped pecans, plus more for garnish (optional: toast pecans for nuttier flavor!)

Glaze: 
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1-2 Tablespoons milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. 

In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla and pumpkin. 

In a smaller bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add to the wet ingredients and stir to combine, then add the pecans. 

Using a large ice cream scoop or spoon, fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. You should get an even dozen.  Bake until tops are firm to the touch or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.  You can eat them now nice and warm, or wait til they are cooled and drizzled with your glaze.

If you choose to glaze them, mix the confectioner's sugar and milk until a good glazing consistency. Use a spoon to drizzle over muffins and sprinkle with chopped pecans.  

Happy Baking!










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...