Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Saturday, October 15, 2022

Easy Shortbread


This shortbread recipe may be easy, but the taste is ALL there. In my opinion, it's perfect. It's light and sweet and melts in your mouth. When I get shortbread cravings, I want to be able to whip up a batch and eat it within the hour. This recipe fills the bill. So perfect with a cup of afternoon tea.


Ingredients:

3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter

1/3 cup confectioners' sugar

2 TB granulated sugar

1/4 tsp salt

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour


Heat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a medium bowl with electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the sugars and salt and beat again until well blended.  Sift the flour directly into the butter mixture and STIR until a stiff dough forms.

Spoon the dough evenly into an UNGREASED  9" square baking pan. With your fingertips, press the dough into the pan until compact and even.  With a fork, prick the dough all over. 

Bake until lightly browned, 30-35 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool a bit, then cut evenly into squares.  Let cool completely. Store shortbread in an airtight container for up to 1 week. 

Happy Baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...