Why This Blog?

Welcome!

Come in and make yourself at home. I'm so happy to be able to share my recipes here with you.

I bake mostly cookies, quick breads, muffins and scones -- sometimes pie, sometimes cake, but nothing too fancy. I prefer simple recipes that call for ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.

These are the recipes I will share with you. They come from family and friends, magazine clippings saved through the years, favorite cookbooks, and other blogs.

I'm so glad you came to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Michael Ann

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Tripe Chocolate Brownies


When I want brownies, I normally use Ghirardelli brownie mix. I mean, why mess with perfection? But sometimes I want MORE than a brownie... I need something richer and denser, more like a dessert. That's when I bake these.  I was introduced to this recipe by a parent who comes into our school office. She brought us these treats and I HAD to have the recipe. She got it from Cook's Illustrated. As always, I type up recipes here the way I like to bake them and with any changes I've made to the original. 

If you love deep, dark, rich chocolate, you will want to make these soon!!  


Triple Chocolate Brownies


5 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (or use chocolate chips)

2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped

8 TB (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into large cubes

3 TB cocoa powder

3 large eggs

1-1/4 cups (8-3/4 oz) sugar

2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup (5 oz) unbleached all-purpose flour


Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Spray an 8" square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. You can line it with parchment paper if you wish, letting the sides hang over so that you can pull the whole thing out of the pan when baked. If you do this, spray again with nonstick cooking spray.

In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the semi-sweet and un-sweetened chocolate and the butter. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between. It usually requires 3 intervals to completely melt. Set aside to cool a bit.

In a larger bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt.  

Whisk the warm chocolate mixtures into the egg mixture, then stir in the flour with a wooden spoon until just combined.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.  Bake 35-40 minutes until slightly puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a small amount of crumbs on it.  Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Cut into squares directly in the pan or if you've used parchment, remove from pan and cut. 

Cover and store on counter or in the refrigerator.  

Happy Baking!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...